Final FUSIONS European Platform Meeting «No More Food to Waste – Innovative actions towards halving food waste across EU-28»
FUSIONS is the European FP7 project committed to contribute to halving per capita food waste at the retail and consumer level, and reducing food waste along production and supply chains, a target that was adopted by the international community in the Sustainable Development Goal 12.3.
|INSIGHTS.- During the past 4 years, FUSIONS has created numerous events and publications with insights and knowledge on food waste reduction through the entire supply chain, from farm to fork. We are proud to present the highlights on Quantification, Innovation and Policy at the final European FUSIONS meeting.
CONNECT.- The FUSIONS multi-stakeholder Platform has over 200 Members that have participated in previous events. The EPM presents an excellent opportunity to meet-up with the leading organisations on food waste prevention & innovation across Europe. This final event will highlight the benefits and impacts for business and policy from taking actions to reduce food waste. During interactive sessions several leading business will share their perspectives and best practices.
The final event is also the opportunity to share and explore next steps for further actions. Including key-notes and discussion about the European Circular Economy and the recently launched Champions 12.3 Coalition to inspire global action to reduce food loss & waste. The global FLW Protocol Accounting and Reporting Standard for harmonised monitoring is part of the program, including business and Member States sharing their monitoring experiences. The major part of the day will be devoted to the FUSIONS’ signature working sessions on entrepreneurship, retail & business, food chain cooperation and education. By identifying opportunities for food waste prevention we will close of with a plenary panel discussion to spark solutions & recommended actions for policy and business.
|Pulsa aquí para acceder al Programa anterior Agenda FUSIONS Preliminary Programme|
|Más información en firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Inscripciones en la web de FUSIONS: http://www.eu-fusions.org/index.php/epm-2016|
|Fecha límite para inscripciones: 12 mayo 2016.|
PRELIMINARY PROGRAMME AVAILABLE – PROGRAMA PRELIMINAR: Key Notes
- EU Food Waste Policy in the Circular Economy by Vytenis Andriukaitis European Commission
- Netherlands’ Presidency of the Council of the EU / Champions 12.3 by Hans Hoogeveen, Vice Minister for Agriculture of The Netherlands
- FUSIONS’ Framework, dataset and recommendations for reliable information sources & harmonised reporting on food waste across EU-28 by Karin Östergren, SP Technical Research Institute
- Experiences from the Member State on the FUSIONS Quantification Manual pilot action Round Table Interview with Kris Roels, Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, Flanders (Belgium) and Andrew Parry, WRAP (UK.
- Global Food Losses & Waste Protocol Accounting and Reporting Standard by Craig Hanson, World Resources Institute
- Experiences from the business community with Vic de Meester, Colruyt, Peter Werre, Ahold and Jolanda Soons-Dings, EUPPA – EU Potato Producers’ Association
- FUSIONS Innovation: results, evaluation and social/food-tech learnings for replication and upscaling across EU-28, by David Rogers, WRAP
Interactive Working Sessions
Topics are: Entrepreneurship, Retail & Business perspective, Food chain cooperation, Policy, Retail & Consumer perspective and Education & Awareness
Featuring the FUSIONS innovative pilot studies and introductions by:
- Hutten Catering
- E. LeClerc
- Catalan Waste Agency
- Sustainable Food Alliance
- Nordic Council
- FSE Network
- International Food Waste Coalition
- Iglo Foods Group
Plenary Panel Discussion “IDENTIFIED CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR FOOD WASTE PREVENTION AND REDUCTION ACROSS THE VALUE CHAIN”.
Moderated by Richard Swannell, WRAP.
- EC Directorate General for Health and Food Safety – SANTE, Sabine Juelicher
- FoodDrinkEurope, Philip den Ouden
- The Consumer Goods Forum, Ignacio Gavilan
- International Food Waste Coalition, Neil Barrett
- BEUC – European Consumer Organisation, Ilaria Passarini
- EFFPA – European Former Foodstuff Producers Association, Paul Featherstone
- FEBA – European Federation of Food Banks, Isabel Jonet